Copyright © Calhoun County Fair Association. All rights reserved.
THE CALHOUN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION
Calhoun County Fair Association
186 Henry Barber Way
PO BOX 42
Port Lavaca, TX, United States
CALHOUN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION
O. Art Division
Special Rules for Art Division
(to print a copy of rules please press the red button)
1. REGISTRATION is Monday October 15, 2018 from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m.
2. Entries are limited to one item per category per exhibitor. If a division category has sub-categories,
only one entry per sub-category will be allowed per exhibitor.
3. Adult entries will be judged based upon the following separation:
a. Adult: 19 - 64 years old
b. Senior Citizens: 65+ years old
4. Youth entries will be judged based upon the following age separation:
a. Sub-Junior: 4 years – 8 years old
b. Juniors: 9 years – 13 years old
c. Seniors: 14 years – 18 years old
5. Day Care and Preschool ages – Ribbons only
6. Entries will be judged based on workmanship, adaptability of color, and overall appearance.
7. Awards - a blue, red, or white ribbon will be awarded the top three and each entry is based upon merit.
Grand & Reserve Champion rosettes awarded within each Division by Age Category, based upon merit.
8. Entries should be matted or framed suitable for hanging.
9. Entries must not exceed 18”x24” (including frame)
10. Entries must be the original work of the exhibitor and appropriate for public audiences of all ages.
11. Professional entries will not be accepted. A professional is defined as one who advertises, teaches, sells, trades or work with art as a livelihood.
O-1 Colored pencil A. Animals or Wildlife
O-2 Pencil B. Buildings
O-3 Pen and ink C. Cartoons
O-4 Colored ink D. Figure
O-5 Pastels/chalk E. Florals or plants
O-6 Water color F. Free Composition
O-7 Oil G. Landscape
O-8 Tempera H. Marine
O-9 Charcoal I. Portrait/People
O-10 Markers J. Space-scapes
O-11 Crayons K. Still Life
O-12 Acrylic L. Vehicles