G. BAKED GOODS DEPARTMENT
Special Rules for Baked Goods
(For a printed copy press the blue button)
1. REGISTRATION must be Monday October 15, from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. Although pre-registered entries may be delivered on
Tuesday, October 16th before 8:30 am
2. Entries are limited to one item per category per exhibitor. If a Division category has sub-categories, only one entry in each sub-category
will be allowed per exhibitor. For example, if an exhibitor wanted to enter the Pie Category with both fruit pie and a pecan pie that wouldbe acceptable because those are both sub-categories in the Pie Category.
3. Adult entries will be judged based upon the following separation:
a. Adult: 19 - 64 years old
b. Senior Citizens: 65+ years old
4. Youth entries will be judged based upon the following separation:
a. Sub-Junior: 4 - 8
b. Juniors: 9- 13
c. Seniors: 14 – 18
5. Day Care and Preschool ages – Ribbons only
6. Awards - a blue, red, or white ribbon will be awarded to each entry based upon merit.
Grand & Reserve Champion rosettes will be awarded within each Division by Age Category, based upon merit.
7. Each entry must be accompanied by the recipe. The recipe must be complete. These recipes will
become the property of the Calhoun County Fair Association, with the right to use them at a future date.
8. a. For those classes that the entry is displayed in a group of three (3), the entry must be attractively displayed on a small plastic or paper plate
and inserted into a plastic zip-lock bag.
b. For all other entries use size appropriate ALUMINUM DISPOSABLE container with clear disposable lid or covered with clear plastic wrap.
9. Prepared mixes may only be used in the Mixes Plus Classes, the Decorated Cakes Class or the Decorated Cookies Class. Do not use prepared
mixes for any other class.
10. Participants may pick up 3/4 of each of their baked items (except Decorated Cakes & Decorated Cookies, cookies, and candies) after judging on
TUESDAY, between the hours of 4 and 8 p.m.
ENTRIES MAY ONLY BE PICKED UP ON TUESDAY BY PARTICIPANT OR QUALIFIED ADULT OF PARTICIPANT. One serving of each item will be kept for display.
Division & Class Listings
G-2.3 Cupcakes (3)
G-2.5 Foam Cake (Angel, Sponge, Chiffon, etc.)
G-2.6 Layer Cake – Fruit/Vegetable
G-2.7 Layer Cake - Chocolate (Devils Food, German chocolate, etc.)
G-2.8 Layer Cake - Other (white, yellow, spice, etc.)
G-2.9 Pound & Butter Cakes
G-2.10 Sheet Cake
G-2.11 Bundt cake
G-2.12 Cake pops (from scratch) (3)
G-3 Cookies (display 3)
G-3.2 Brownies (any kind)
G-3.4 Chocolate Chip
G-3.7 Peanut Butter
G-3.8 Refrigerator (icebox)
G-4 Candies (display 3)
G-4.4 Date Nut
G-4.6 Fondant - Cooked or Uncooked
G-4.10 Peanut Brittle
G-4.12 bon bons (from scratch)
G-4.13 Peanut butter
Calhoun County Fair Association
186 Henry Barber Way
PO BOX 42
Port Lavaca, TX, United States
G-5 Quick Breads
G-5.1 Biscuits (3)
G-5.2 Coffee Cake (no yeast)
G-5.3 Cornbread (3) squares
G-5.4 Gingerbread (3) squares
G-5.5 Muffins (3)
G-5.6 Banana bread
G-5.7 Zucchini bread
G-5.9 OtherG-5 Quick Breads
G-6 Yeast Breads
G-6.1 Cinnamon Rolls (3)
G-6.2 Coffee Cake
G-6.3 Doughnuts (3)
G-6.4 Kolaches (3)
G-6.5 Loaf of Bread
G-6.6 Rolls (3)
G-6.7 Swedish Tea Ring
G-7 Mixes Plus
G-7.3 Cookies (3)
G-7.4 Quick Breads
G-7.5 Yeast Breads
G-7.6 Candies (3)
G-7.7 Snacks (3)
G-7.8 Cake pops/bon bons (3)
G-8.1 Cheese Crackers
G-8.2 Rice Krispie/Marshmallow Treats (3)
G-8.3 Seasoned Crackers
G-8.4 Bread Pudding (3 squares)
G-8.5 Decorated pretzels (3)
G-8.6 Seasoned cereal mixes
G-9 Decorated Cake
G-10 Decorated Cookies (3)
G-11 Mixes in a Jar (limit 2 entries per person)
Mixes in a jar will be judged only on
appearance and neatness of contents
SPECIAL RULES FOR MIXES IN A JAR
1. Each entry must be submitted in a clear
glass jar or container with lid.
2. Jar must be filled with an assortment of at least
3 different ingredients.
3. Jar will remain closed at all times.
4. Directions for additional ingredients and cooking
time should be attached to jar.
Copyright © Calhoun County Fair Association. All rights reserved.
THE CALHOUN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION