Copyright © Calhoun County Fair Association. All rights reserved.
THE CALHOUN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION
Calhoun County Fair Association
186 Henry Barber Way
PO BOX 42
Port Lavaca, TX, United States
CALHOUN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION
EDUCATIONAL EXHIBIT DEPARTMENT EDUCATIONAL EXHIBIT DEPARTMENT
(SPECIAL RULES FOR EDUCATIONAL DEPARTMENT)
SUPERINTENDENT: PEGGY VIETS (361)655-0368
CO-SUPERINTENDENT: CATHY LaMORIA (361)676-2232
1. New rules are in bold print and highlighted.
2. Displays are allowed by any Calhoun County individual or group. They may request and decorate as many entries in this department as
3. The Calhoun County Fair Association is not responsible for lost items.
4. Display area will be assigned by superintendents and will be labeled for exhibitor upon their arrival to set up booth.
5. Displays can be set up on Monday, October 1 thru Friday, October 5, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, October 6, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Removal of displays are Sunday, October 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. only. If special arrangements need to be made, the superintendent or co
superintendent must be contacted at (361)655-0368 or (361)676-2232.
6. Display areas may have tabletops and backboards decorated. Skirting and banners are allowed on front of booth (if wanted) as long as
there is no obstruction in walk ways. Exhibitors are responsible for removing all staples, tacks, tape, and any other items that was used in
decorating. All exhibits must be removed from Educational Building by 3 p.m. Sunday, October 21, or they will be thrown away.
7. Age groups are as follows as of August 31, 2018:
Youth: 5-18 years old
Adult: 19 years and above
8. Divisions include:
c. Sports related
d. Miscellaneous school related
a. Emergency Responders
9. Youth and adult entries will be judged based on the following separation:
A. Individual Exhibit
B. Group Exhibit
10. Judging will be done on Monday, October 8, 2018. Judging of work will be based on a point system of 1 to 25 for each of the following:
originality/theme, use of color, educational value, and overall attractiveness.
11. Awards for category will be given as follows: 1 grand champion, 1 reserve champion, 1 first place, 1 second place, and 1 third place.
12. No items or services may be directly sold out of this building. Promotional and fundraising activities/information is allowed.
YOU HAVE COMMITTED YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION TO DECORATE THIS BOOTH. IF AFTER RECEIVING THIS SET OF RULES YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION HAVE DECIDED NOT TO FULFILL THIS OBLIGATION, YOU MUST CALL 361-655-0368 OR 361-676-2232 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL ALLOW TIME FOR OTHER ORGANIZATIONS TO PREPARE DECORATIONS FOR THE BOOTH.